Notice of Fall General Meeting
The Fall General Meeting of the Salt Spring Island Golf & Country Club will be held on Wednesday, October 30th, 2019 upstairs in the Clubhouse.
The meeting will begin at 5:30pm.
Fall General Meeting
Salt Spring Island Golf & Country Club
Date: Wednesday, October 30th, 2019
Time: 5:30pm Place: Clubhouse
- Call to order
- Confirmation of Notice and Quorum
- Motion to Adopt Agenda as presented
- Approval of the Minutes from the Annual General Meeting (April 24th, 2019)
- President’s Remarks
- Presentation of Associate Membership (Resolution #1)
- Election of Directors (Karen Davies Chair of Nomination Committee)
- General Manager’s Report to the Membership
- Reports of Directors and Committees
President David MacPherson
Vice President \ Marketing Drew Stotesbury
Finance Michael Thompson
Planning / Racquet Sports / Disc Golf Chris Baker
Grounds Eric Beamish
House Linda Woodley
Men’s Captain Kerry Marshall
Ladies Captain Joanna Barrett
Junior Golf Mary Lou Bompas
- New Business
Proposed Special Resolution
In order to clarify their standing and respect past practice, the Board would like to have the ability to formally grant Membership rights to eligible employees. This is not possible under the current bylaws’ language.
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Members authorize a new category of Membership be added to paragraph 2.4 of the Bylaws of The Salt Spring Island Golf and Country Club as follows.
An Associate Member shall be an eligible, as determined by the Board, employee of the Club and shall have the same rights as a Regular Member.